Versatile IT professional with sound knowledge of Infrastructure, versed in Project Management, skilled in Change Management, Risk Analysis and Mitigation, Estimating budget and planning efforts willing to seek an opportunity as Infrastructure Architect, Solutions Architect or Project Manager
Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT)
CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Enterprise Administrator on Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDA)
VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
Freelance IT Service, Project Consultant, Trainer
Armlab BVBA, Benelux 2008-07 – present
As a freelance consultant, I help a wide variety of clients in different specific technical fields. I architect, manage, analyze, design, deploy and migrate secure environments.
Cegeka, Hasselt 2016-06 – 2019-06
As Infrastructure Architect, I was responsible for the IT architecture of several customers of Cegeka, such as Crelan , Delta , PZEM , Atrias , Steinhoff, Flore and others.
- Design optimal IT solutions, prepare offers and assist the service delivery managers and project managers in implementing optimal solution and the underlying supporting services for each client;
- Design and document customer specific designs such as high-level designs, plans such as monitoring plans, backup plans, security plans and DRP plans.
- Customer’s configuration owner.
- Provide 4th line support during the problem management process for architectural issues
- Elaborate offers and assess impact of complex changes on the environment of the customer
- Deliver improvement proposals, such as rationalization, consolidation or standardization, and delivery of innovation proposals from a technological point of view
- Work with the Cegeka Private Cloud datacenters and public clouds such as Azure and cloud services such as Office 365.
- Daily communication with the customers’ senior management, their DevOps teams, and Cegeka engineers, and coordinate change and project efforts.
- Design and coordinate DR test and implementation of security governance according to CIS benchmarks.
- Design and coordinate migration to Windows 10, Office 365, SharePoint Online, OneDrive and Skype for Business
- Extend and secure their network links to remote offices with Radius, 802.1x, wireless networks, MPLS
Technologies : Microsoft Windows 10, Red Hat, VMWare, Storage, networking on HP, Cisco and F5, integrating private and public clouds such as Azure and cloud services such as Office 365 with Skype for Business, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Mobile Device Management (MDM) through Intune, Security infrastructure involving CA’s, PKI, Identity Access Management, CIS benchmarks, Fortinet, Cisco ASA, Aruba switching and wireless solutions, Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, ArchiMate
SharePoint Technical Analyst/Expert
STIB-MIVB, Brussels 2015-08 – 2016-06
- Consult on implementation of an ECM and collaboration project
- implement governance on the platform and improve processes to a more mature state, to improve the service delivered by operational teams of the SharePoint platform to other business units.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, SharePoint 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Trainer, Business Analyst
RealDolmen, Huizingen 2015-02 – 2018-11
- SharePoint MOC 20331, 20332, Windows 7 MOC 6293, Windows Server MOC 20412 trainer
- Business analyst designing and implementing a document management workflow on SharePoint for Pfizer
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7, SharePoint 2013
De Lijn, Mechelen 2015-01 – 2015-08
- Design greenfield infrastructure for SQL Server , File and SharePoint services in a new private cloud environment according to non-functional requirements in DTAP environments.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, SharePoint 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012
SharePoint Infrastructure Consultant
Nationale Loterij, Brussels 2014-11 – 2014-12
- Migration of Microsoft SQL Server cluster to a new environment, ensuring availability of their on-premise Microsoft SharePoint environment during the migration.
- Improve availability and disaster recovery for their enterprise applications based on on-premise Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft BizTalk , hosted within 2 data centers.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2008, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, PowerShell 2.0, Microsoft Project, K2.
HP, Brussels 2013-04 – 2014-10
- Presales and delivery architecture on Microsoft private and public cloud, and on-presence infrastructure technologies such as SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013 and Office 365. This includes infrastructural design, integration with legacy infrastructure and services, functional design and ECM and EIM;
- Design of SharePoint architecture of GDF-Suez UCC SaaS and PaaS solutions based on an on-premise SharePoint 2013 implementation in an international environment for more than 50 000 users. This implementation included multiple SharePoint server farms, supporting High Availability and Disaster Recovery under SLA’s with strict and limited allowed outages. These server farms were deployed in a multi-domain environment, supported by AvePoint DocAve , on HP hardware and VMWare virtualization;
- SharePoint and System Center consulting though HP for Canon and Belastingdienst Nederland ;
- VDI implementation on VMWare Horizon View consulting for Muntpunt ;
- Integration and migration consulting for on-premise SharePoint and Exchange organizations with Office 365 for Magotteaux.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, AvePoint DocAve 6, Microsoft Exchange 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012, PowerShell 2.0, HTML, Fiddler, Firebug, Microsoft Project, Office 365, Nintex Workflows, VMWare Horizon View.
Delhaize Group, Brussels 2013-03 – 2013-04
- Project management for several SharePoint -related projects for their international Common Communication Platform.
- Functional analysis and implementation
- Managing the CCP IT Service Lifecycle
- Managing migration of portals and collaboration sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2013
- Overseeing custom development of SharePoint integrated applications.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2008, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, AvePoint DocAve 6, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, PowerShell 2.0, HTML, Fiddler, Firebug, Microsoft Project
Web Infrastructure Consultant
Generali, Brussels 2012-09 – 2012-12
- Design of architecture for 3 tier front-end web infrastructure.
- Networking, security, authentication, monitoring and maintenance solutions design for virtual and physical infrastructure
- Design deployment of the application stack
- Define requirements for .NET-development by external partners
- Design of new secure framework for their applications’ lifecycle through test, acceptance and production environments.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012, Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012, VMWare ESXi and vSphere, Microsoft HyperV, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, .NET, PowerShell, SSL VPN, IPSEC
Microsoft SharePoint Server Infrastructure Consultant
Axa Tech, Brussels 2012-04 – 2012-09
- Consulting on SharePoint 2010 infrastructure for intranet and extranet applications for Axa and other clients
- 3 tier multi-farm multi-site test, acceptance and production environment with multiple content deployment paths between farms and shared content between SharePoint farms and external applications.
- Monitoring and alerting needs for SharePoint 2010 farms with System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Development of PowerShell scripts for automated deployments of sites and solutions.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2008, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, PowerShell 2.0, HTML, Fiddler, Firebug
Microsoft SharePoint Server Consultant
ING Belgium, Brussels 2010-07 – 2012-03
- Consult on design by the external architects of 3 tier multi-farm K2 environment of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Implement the design and develop operational maintenance procedures for DTAP environments in authoring and active-passive publishing farms
- Implement monitoring using System Center Configuration Manager (SCOM)
- Implement management by System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Implement backup and restore through IBM Tivoli Storage Manage r to ensure the ability to restore on object level any object within the SharePoint environment.
- Design 3 tier multi-farm SharePoint 2010 environment
- Migrate to this new environment
- Script and document this infrastructure for operational teams to implement.
- Develop custom workflows within SharePoint to replace legacy systems into the SharePoint based intranet.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2008, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6, VMWare VSphere 4, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, PowerShell 2.0, HTML, Fiddler, Firebug, Quality Center, SSL VPN, F5
Belgacom, Brussels 2009-06 – 2010-06
- Coordinate mail and data migration project of Belgacom, Telindus, Proximus and Skynet to the integrated Belgacom environment.
- This environment encompassed a dual-site Microsoft Exchange 2007 Cluster Continuous Replication infrastructure , and a new Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 farm with a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 backend.
- Define non-functional requirements
- Plan and monitor rollout and migrations
- Follow-up of resulting incidents and errors
- Coordination of developers and testers of tools of the service organization within the Belgacom management framework, to manage Active Directory, Exchange and the new SharePoint infrastructure and services
- Train first- and second-line service groups on these new features and procedures.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2008, SharePoint 2003, SharePoint 2007, Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2008, PowerShell 2.0, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2007
Brussels 2009-05 – 2009-07
- Design Windows XP images based on the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008 to help the client roll out a standardized desktop environment over all workstations within the Landbouwkrediet/Credit Agricole organization, integrated in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2008, Windows XP, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, VMWare VSphere 4, VMware Fusion
Senior Systems Engineer
European Commission, Brussels 2008-07 – 2009-04
- Maintenance on servers and workstations of 140 delegations of the External Relations department of the European Commission.
- Define the delegation's needs, functional and non-functional requirements
- Deploy solutions
- Change and Release management for environment, server and workstation patches and software updates.
- Rollouts of new software packages across +3000 workstations set up over these 140 worldwide delegations through LANDesk.
- 3rd line support for incidents encountered by users on workstations, resolving these incidents and managing these known problems in a knowledge base, covering client-installed software, such as Microsoft Office, and middleware such as Oracle client connecting user applications to an Oracle9i backend database.
- Design and set-up of SharePoint environment based on Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 and Microsoft Search Server 2008 Express t o host and maintain document management and workflow for the DG RELEX helpdesk and support team to manage and collaborate on creating documentation, follow up projects and managing the Change and Release Management processes. This environment consisted out of an acceptance and production farm, each with 2 servers with multiple site collections, and a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database backend.
- Monitoring through tools such as Cacti for network monitoring, and Xymon for compliance checking.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1, Microsoft Search Server 2008 Express, Microsoft SQL Server 2005-2008, Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 2007, Symantec BackupExec, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Oracle9i and client, Cacti, Xymon, ITIL, LANDesk, HP BladeSystem, Nagios
Senior IT Solutions Engineer
SkillTeam, Brussels 2007-01 – 2008-07
Workstation Architect , Axa Tech
- Develop testing and acceptation infrastructure for workstations
- Assess and develop user workstations
- Lead a team of software packagers and system engineers in packaging and testing software updates and patches in these TEST and UAT environments.
- Change management of software package release in production.
- Design and implement Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 pilot environment for document management and workflow management to follow up and manage release related tasks.
- Technical consulting on Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 to 2003 and 2007 and SQL Server migrations from 2000 to 2005, onto a VMware ESX 3 cluster set up in High Availability for other clients such as Fountain and Asco.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, PowerShell, Computer Associates’ Unicenter Software Delivery, VMWare ESX 3.5, InstallShield, Wise, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 5.5, 2000, 2003, Oracle9i and client, ITIL, Juniper, Cisco, BlueCoat and Barracuda networking devices, SSL VPN, IPSEC
Senior Support Engineer
Valid, Netherlands 2005-06 – 2006-12
Support Engineer , Sabic Europetrochemicals
- Deliver second level support to clients and their workstations. Setup of Windows XP workstations using SMS
- Resolve problems users encountered with their workstation, end-user software together with the "server maintenance" team.
Support Engineer, Vodafone
- Maintenance of end-user webs sites and services on Sun Solaris , using Apache and JBoss in an NFS environment, with Oracle8i and 9i database backend.
- Implement changes according to RFC’s to their testing and production environments
- Monitor servers and load balancing hardware status using Nagios.
Support Engineer, Protomation
- Design and implement open source groupware solution OpenXchange on SUSE Linux Enterprise 10
- Integrate this solution into Windows Active Directory domain.
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft SMS, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Sun Solaris, SUSE Linux, Apache, JBoss, NFS, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Oracle8i, Oracle9i, OpenXchange, ITIL, Juniper networking devices, HP ESA, Nagios
IPTE, Genk 2002-09 – 2004-12
- Support and management of network environment and 150 workstations and 12 servers.
- Support and management of CAD drawing workstations, with high-spec graphic cards running Pro/ENGINEER and AutoCAD , which connected to a central server running Oracle9i
- Migrate Windows NT 4.0 domain to Windows 2003 forest
- Migrate Exchange 5.5 to 2003
- Development of disaster recovery plan with dual Oracle9i servers for manual failover
- Migration Windows XP
- Software update management through Shavlik NetChk ,
- Antivirus update management through McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator
- Develop and manage firewall using Microsoft ISA Server 2000
Technologies : Microsoft Windows Server 2000, Windows NT, Windows XP, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft SMS, Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and 2003, Shavlik NetChk, Microsoft ISA Server 2000, Symantec BackupExec, HP MSA
Dimension Data, Brussels 2001-09 – 2002-09
- Design and develop intranet and extranet projects with ColdFusion
- Developing IP Telephony applications on Cisco IP Telephony hardware in XML with a ColdFusion backend
- Deploy SharePoint Team Services , to enable users to collaborate and share and maintain documents.
Technologies : HTML, ColdFusion, Microsoft SharePoint Team Services
Men @ Work, Hasselt 1999-09 – 2001-09
- Graphic design and development of front end and back end web applications in PHP and on LAMP environments, and in ASP on IIS environments.
- Management of Linux and Sun Solaris servers with web and database applications
- Analyze customer needs, design an optimal IT solution, prepare offers and assist the service delivery managers and project managers in implementing this optimal solution for each client.
- Design and maintain Monitoring plans, backup plans and DRP plans
- Deliver improvement proposals, such as rationalization, consolidation or standardization, and in the delivery of innovation proposals from a technological point of view.
- Develop architectures on business, application and technical layers
- Coordination of Change and Release Management, Incident Management, leading a team, managing projects, design and perform training courses
- Design, deployment and administration of Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0 , Microsoft Search Server 2008 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 and SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013; architecture, design, functional analysis, implementation and development of web parts and custom workflows with .NET in Visual Studio 2008, 2010 and SharePoint Designer
- Design, architecture and administration of Microsoft Windows organizations with Microsoft Windows server and desktop products,
- Microsoft Desktop Deployment with Business Desktop Deployment and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Software deployment with Microsoft SMS, System Center Configuration Manager, Computer Associates’ Unicenter Software Delivery, LanDesk
- Administration of backup and restore activities, design and testing of calamity plan, high availability storage and services, with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Microsoft Data Protection Manager, Symantec BackupExec
- Maintenance of Microsoft Windows Server, Sun Solaris and Debian and Ubuntu GNU/Linux web servers on Apache and Microsoft Internet Information Server, SSL encryption and certificates
- Design and administration of network infrastructure and security. Configuration of Cisco and Juniper Netscreen network devices. Design and administration of VPNs, firewalls, VLANs, DHCP, Radius, WIFI access points and routers, load balancers, proxy and reverse proxy servers (ISA Server, Squid, Checkpoint, Barracuda, Cisco ACE)
- Server Virtualization with VMWare ESX 3.x, 4.x, 5, Microsoft HyperV, design, implementation and administration in enterprise organizations with VMWare VCenter, Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- High-availability and failover designs with Microsoft Cluster Services, VMware, Network Load Balancing
- SAN/NAS storage setup and management through Fiber and iSCSI, HP MSA, HP ESA, HP BladeSystem
- Setup and maintenance of MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 installations, development of applications on ASP.NET and MS Access interfacing with databases, DTS and SSIS packages
- Compliance and network monitoring with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, Nagius, Hobbit/Xymon, Cacti
- Setup and maintenance of Oracle 8i, 9i and their respective Oracle clients, patching and monitoring
- Source versioning and code sharing with CVS, Subversion, GIT
- ICT Service administration according to ITIL, Microsoft Operations Framework
- Developing in and customizing of Content Management Systems such as SharePoint, WordPress, Drupal, SugarCRM
- Setup and maintenance of LAMP, WAMP, MAMP application stacks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word, Visio, Access, Outlook, Lync, Skype for Business and cloud products of Microsoft Office 365, Google Docs, Google Apps
- St. Jan Berchmanscollege Genk, Boekhouden-Informatica 1992-1998
- PRINCE2 Project Management Foundation
- VMWare ESX 3.5 Fast Track
- Juniper Netscreen
- CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
|English||Very Good||Very Good||Very Good|
Available on request